Join Our Community
Discover St. Michael’s!
When children come to St. Michael’s, they enter a warm, safe, and inclusive learning community that is small enough to foster a real sense of belonging and where they can safely take risks in learning and self-discovery. St. Michael’s is also wonderfully large enough to offer an array of rigorous academic challenges and engaging social development experiences. At St. Michael’s, your child will be known, nurtured, challenged, and loved. As we say, We Do Small in a BIG Way!
We are small by design. A St. Michael’s education is undoubtedly powerful, as each student directly benefits from small class sizes with individualized attention and support and significant opportunities for hands-on learning. In our classrooms, teachers are able to truly know each student and instruct to their needs, helping them thrive and grow as lifelong learners. Emphasis is not only placed on growing bright minds but also on growing servant hearts who lead with kindness, empathy, and a commitment to help and include others.
Our Admissions team, led by Alison Roussy, Director of Admissions, is excited to connect with you to begin your journey into exploring the benefits of a St. Michael’s education, as well as to introduce you to our vibrant learning program and core values. We invite you to attend one of our on-campus or virtual Admissions Open Houses and to view our online tours. We also want to support you in this process by listening to what matters to you and answering any questions you may have.
Fall 2022 Admissions Open Houses (for the 2023-24 School Year)
We look forward to sharing information about our program and getting to know your family! RSVP today for one of our fall admissions programs below. Space is limited!
- Kindergarten Open House: Wednesday, OCTOBER 26, 2022, 9:30-11:30 a.m. (in-person/on-campus program, parents only)
- Grades 1-5 Open House: Wednesday, OCTOBER 26, 2022, 9:30-11:30 a.m. (in-person/on-campus program, parents only)
- Middle School Open House: Tuesday, NOVEMBER 8, 2022, 9-11 a.m. (for parents AND rising sixth and seventh grade students)
REGISTER for a Fall Admissions Program: REGISTRATION LINK COMING SOON!
If you would like to learn more about our program or inquire about space availability, please complete the following inquiry form or submit complete an application.
Admissions Inquiry Form Apply Today!
We invite you to view the videos below to take a virtual campus tour and to experience a glimpse into our vibrant curriculum, culture, and community.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Why choose St. Michael’s for your child’s education? We are small by design. A St. Michael’s education is undoubtedly powerful, as each student directly benefits from small class sizes with individualized attention and support and significant opportunities for hands-on learning. In our classrooms, teachers are able to truly know each student and instruct to their needs, helping them thrive and grow as lifelong learners. Emphasis is not only placed on growing bright minds but also on growing servant hearts who lead with kindness, empathy, and a commitment to help and include others.
A St M education allows students to make the most of their school experience. Regardless of their interests, our approachable size enables students to have meaningful experiences as they pursue passions in and out of the classroom. Whether it be taking an active role in service-learning projects, grade level leadership roles, playing a wide array of sports, participating in performing arts or student government, or mentoring a younger buddy, our students are encouraged to try new things, learn confidence, and never fall through the cracks.
Perhaps the best answer though is to ask our St. Michael’s parents. Click the button below to view what they have to say about the strengths of our program and community. We are also happy to connect you directly to a parent ambassador.
2. Affordability: Tuition and Fees? A St. Michael’s education is a major investment in your child’s future. It is also a commitment of a family’s resources. We understand this and are committed to making our outstanding independent school experience affordable to families. You will find that while the quality of our program is high, our tuition is lower than other Richmond independent schools of our caliber. As a K-8 school with a long history of prudent financial stewardship, we do not have to carry the high costs and broad offerings of high school AP classes and faculty. Additionally, we invest in tried and true educational programs and proven practices versus chasing trendy educational or organizational philosophies.
Tuition 2021-2022 School Year
* Kindergarten $12,835
* Grades 1 – 5 $12,835
* Grades 6 – 8 $14,050
Please note that some additional fees apply. More information on tuition, fees, and financing may be found on our website under Admissions/tuition-financing.
"St. Michael's is truly a special, special place. Our children are loved, supported, encouraged, respected, and given the freedom to explore their interests. The joy exuded by the faculty, inclusiveness of the fellow parents, and warm, welcoming spirit were stand-out factors for us. It was important that our children joined a community that would get to know them, help guide them and become family. We have found that in St. Michael's. Our children are challenged academically, morally, and spiritually to ensure that they are well-rounded, respectful, and most importantly, kind. Even though we live in a fantastic school district, there was no doubt that St. Michael's would be worth the investment. We were right!.”