Extending the Day
St. Michael’s strives to meet the needs of children and families beyond the traditional school day. A number of scheduling options provide for care before and after-school and during school holidays. St. Michael’s offers both Lower School and Middle School Extended Day programs.
Register Today for Camp Jingle, December 23
Calling all Elves! Enjoy a day full of making Christmas slime, decorating holiday cookies, creating Christmas gifts, and participating in holly, jolly, STEAM-filled Christmas fun.
- Kids’ Day Out on December 23
- 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. (drop off as early as 8:30 a.m. if necessary)
- Cost: $70
- Kids have a blast while parents work & shop!
- Program overseen at St M by Challenge Island
Questions? Contact Ashley Buffey, Director of Extended Programs, at [email protected]
REGISTRATION FOR for Lower School full-year Extended Day is NOW CLOSED.
Should you need care, please contact Ashley Buffey, Director of Extended Programs, directly at [email protected]
Registration for SPRING sports and co-curriculars,
- Registration for SPRING sports and co-curriculars, as well as Middle School SPRING Extended Day for the 2020 season, WILL OPEN MID-FEBRUARY. Stay tuned for details!
SUMMER CAMP 2020
- Camp registration will open February 1. Stay tuned for details. (Don’t hesitate as our camps tend to fill quickly.)
- For Summer 2020, St M will offer 7 camp sessions from JUNE 15-JULY 31 for children ages 4 through rising ninth grade. Half-day and full-day options available. Tell your friends as you do not need to be enrolled at St. Michael’s to attend summer camp.
- Detailed information for the 2020 Sumer Camp season will be updated in early January.
Afternoon Extended Day Drop-In Request Form
Families in need of a single day of after-school care from time to time may take advantage of a daily rate of $35 to 6 p.m. or $20 to 4:30 p.m. You must submit the form below and may request up to 5 days at a time.
One form per student must be submitted. A MINIMUM NOTICE OF 24-HOURS IS REQUIRED. We are very close to capacity for many grades and may not be able to approve your request. You will receive an email notice when your request is accepted or if it is unable to be accommodated. Thank you for your understanding.
Extended Day Policies
Questions? Please contact Ashley Buffey, Director of Extended Programs, at [email protected]
Free Before-School Care for K-8th Grade
St. Michael’s is now pleased to offer FREE early morning gym care for all students (K-8) beginning at 7:20 a.m. in the Singleton Campus gym. No need to sign-up, just drop-off children when it is helpful to you.
After-School Care -LOWER SCHOOL:
The Lower School Extended Day Program is offered to kindergarten through fifth grade students from St. Michael’s.
Afternoon Extended Day is offered from 3-6 p.m. every day that school is in session. On early dismissal days, we are open from dismissal time until 6 p.m.
Program highlights include supervised study halls reinforcing good study, organizational, and time-management skills, as well as facilities providing opportunities for students to play outdoors and indoors (during inclement weather). Our mission is to provide each child with a positive, safe and enriching after-school experience, with particular emphasis on students socialization. The program is run out of the new Hubbard Hall.
- Full-day care will be offered on School clerical days from 8 a.m.-6 p.m. (See School calendar for dates.)
- Noon Dismissals: Extended Day is open early for all Noon Dismissals (from dismissal time until 6 p.m.)
- Extended Day is CLOSED on the following school holidays: Labor Day, Columbus Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Presidents’ Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, and Memorial Day.
School Vacation/Summer Programming: We offer additional programming during select School Vacations (Spring Break and Summer 2019) with advanced registration at an additional cost provided. NOTE: Minimum number of participants required with advance registration for vacation/camp programs to be held.
Pricing: See enrollment contract ABOVE for 2019-2020 pricing. We offer 2-day, 3-day and 5-day care options.
Need afternoon care only occasionally? Families in need of a single day of Lower School after-school childcare from time to time may take advantage of a daily rate of $20 from 3-4:30 p.m. or $35 from 3-6 p.m., both require 24-hours notice. (Rates subject to change.)
After-School Care -MIDDLE SCHOOL:
Understanding our families have busy schedules, the School’s goal with Extended Programs at the Middle School is to provide a safe and enjoyable space for students to be after school to study, grab a snack, wait for practice to begin or just relax after a full day. Middle School Extended Day is now available Monday-Friday from 3-6 p.m. Two, three, and five-day options are available. See enrollment contract above for pricing and additional information.
Due to the vast co-curricular offerings at the Middle School (e.g., athletics, theater, etc.), enrollment in the Middle School Core Extended Day program is done seasonally (fall, winter, spring) rather than annually. This certainty in enrollment will allow St. Michael’s to staff properly and extend the option of care this year until 6:00 p.m.
- NOTE: Middle School pick-up until 4:30 p.m. takes place in the Allen Library in Singleton Hall. Pick-up AFTER 4:30 p.m. takes place in the Hubbard Hall Library. Parents must walk inside to pick up students and sign out with the staff members on duty.
Need care only occasionally? Drop-ins are $20 until 4:30 p.m. or $35 until 6 p.m. A MINIMUM NOTICE OF 24-HOURS IS REQUIRED.
Enrichment and Co-Curricular Activities
St. Michael’s believes that important learning also happens outside the classroom with purposeful exposure to a broad variety of activities and experiences. That is why we offer inclusive co-curricular, robotics and sports opportunities for our students at both campuses.
These activities not only serve the needs and interests of our students, but also help our families extend the day with enriching after-school activity options. From fishing, martial arts and chess, to mountain biking, FIRST LEGO league robotics, coding, drama productions, yoga and an array of interscholastic and intramural sports, St. Michael’s offers a variety of fun and educational after-school experiences.
Click below for a season listing of enrichment, sports and co-curricular activities at St. Michael’s.