School Hours and Dress Code
School Day Hours
For the 2022-23 school year, St. Michael’s standard school hours are:
- 8 a.m. to 2:55 p.m.
- Free Morning Gym beginning at 7:15 a.m.
- If not attending Morning Gym, the morning drop-off window is 7:40-7:55 a.m. (Students should be in their seats and ready to start the school day by 8 a.m.)
- Afternoon pickup is between 2:55 p.m. and 3:05 p.m. (Any students not picked up by 3:15 p.m. will be sent to Extended Day)
2022-2023 Dress Code
St. Michael’s has an important tradition of a student Dress Code. Over the last two years, St. Michael’s faced unprecedented times as our School navigated the pandemic with courage, perseverance, and grace. During that time, St. Michael’s relaxed parts of our dress code. As we head into the 2022-23 year with hope and excitement, St. Michael’s is returning to our dress code standards as outlined below. Thank you, St M families, for paying special attention to the examples of what is deemed appropriate school clothing and assisting your child(ren) with adhering to the dress code on a daily basis. We will also continue to go outdoors and utilize our 70 acres for both learning and play, so children should wear appropriate clothing for the season, applicable weather gear, and sturdy shoes. School administrators are the final arbiters for what is (not) considered appropriate dress.
A few Dress Code items of note:
- Athletic clothing is not permitted inside during the school day, except for PE classes. Only St. Michael’s athletic outerwear (i.e., a St M hooded sweatshirt or St M fleece) may be worn INDOORS in class during cold weather.
- Writing and large (>2 inches) logos/images on clothing are not permissible inside school, except for “Dragon Days and holidays;” and students in K-2 may always wear tops with images (not writing or logos) larger than 2 inches.
- Patterns and monograms are allowed.
- All St. Michael’s collared shirts on our Spiritwear website are acceptable for the daily dress code.
2022-23 Student-Family Handbook
The St. Michael’s School-Family Partnership
|Summer Office Hours: Mon – Thur (Closed Fridays)||9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.|