Co-Curricular/Sports Info & Forms
UPDATE ON SPRING REGISTRATION
- LAST CALL to register for Middle School spring sports! As we are nearing capacity, sports registration will CLOSE February 26, at NOON, vs. March 1.
- ALSO, we are now CLOSING Lower School enrichment class registration on February 25 as all offerings are now at capacity with waitlists.
- We are delighted by the overwhelmingly positive response to our spring after-school offerings.
St. Michael’s believes that important learning happens outside the classroom with purposeful exposure to a broad variety of activities, sports, and experiences. After-school enrichment activities provide opportunities for students to explore a variety of interests and develop new passions.
While COVID-19 required that we shelve our plans for the fall and winter activity seasons, given decreasing RVA infection rates (specifically percent positivity and cases per 100,000) and the success of our School’s COVID-19 mitigation strategies, St. Michael’s has thoughtfully worked to develop plans for the spring that would enable students to participate in select outdoor sports and enrichment activities with COVID safeguards in place.
- All sports will be intramural in nature with St M students ONLY so as to limit the potential for COVID exposure from outside our school community.
- Spectators, other than St M faculty/staff, will unfortunately not be permitted at these events.
- Coach Kern, our Athletic Director, will provide participants with written COVID safety protocols for all spring sports.
Registration is NOW OPEN and closes on Monday, March 1.
Spring Enrichments for Grades K-8
The following enrichments will be offered:
- Co-Ed Golf with Sportz for Life for grades K-2 (Fee: $90)
- Co-Ed Intramural Soccer for grades 3-5 (Fee: $95)
- Nature Exploring with Adventure Walkers for grades K-8 (Fee: $150)
Spring enrichments are six-week sessions running from the week of March 22- April 30 from 2:30- 3:30 p.m. for Golf and 2:30- 4 p.m. for Soccer and Nature Exploring. Activity days are listed in the registration link. Shin guards are required for soccer.
Registration will take place through our Active Network program. Space is limited.
Questions? Contact Ashley Buffey, Director of Extended Programs, at [email protected]
Middle School Spring SPORTS for Grades 6-8
The following sports will be offered:
- Mountain Biking, Co-Ed (Student to provide helmet/bike. Storage will be provided.)
- Cross Country, Co-Ed
- Girls’ Lacrosse
- Boys’ Lacrosse
Due to space and number constraints, students may sign-up for only ONE activity.
As Middle School sports fees are incorporated into tuition, there are no registration fees to participate. A Google Form will be used for Middle School Athletics registration.
Spring sports are six-week sessions running from the week of March 22- April 30 from 2:30- 4 p.m. Each sport will meet 1-2 times per week, depending on the number of registered participants. In the event of inclement weather, all activities will be canceled.
All participants need to have a sports physical form on file with the School. Link is below.
Athletic schedules will be announced on Friday, March 5.
Questions? Contact Wally Kern, Athletics Director, at [email protected]
2020-21 St M Athletic Participation Form (for grades 3-8)
If you have a child in grades 3-8 who plans to participate in intramural or Middle School sports in the coming school year, an athletic participation physical examination form will be needed.