Summer/Back To School
201/20 Virginia School Entrance Health Form (for summer physicals)
2019/20 St M Athletic Participation Form (for summer physicals, required if playing sports in grades 3-8)
For planning purposes, below please find key dates for the start of the upcoming 2019-2020 school year.
- August 22: Lower School “Meet your Teacher” and Extended Day Open House (times to be announced)
- August 26: Lower School First Day of School with Early Dismissal
- August 26: Middle School Orientation (times/details to be announced)
- August 27: First Full Day of School for all students
2019 Summer Assignments by Grade
LOWER SCHOOL 2019:
- Rising Kindergarten – no summer homework
- Rising 1st Grade Reading Menu and Summer Reading List and Summer Letter
- Rising 2nd Grade Reading Menu, and Summer Reading List, and Summer Writing and Math Suggestions
- Rising 3rd Grade Summer Letter, and Summer Math, and Bingo Reading, and Suggested Reading List
- Rising 4th Grade Summer Reading Bingo, and Summer Math, and 4th Grade Suggested Reading List
- Rising 5th Grade Summer Instructions, and Summer Reading List, and Summer Math
MIDDLE SCHOOL 2019:
Rising Sixth Grade
Rising Seventh Grade
- Rising Seventh Grade Reading and Writing Assignment
- Reading Bingo
- Rising Seventh Grade Spanish
- Rising Seventh Math
Rising Eighth Grade
- Rising Eighth Grade Summer Reading and Writing
- Rising Eighth Grade Spanish
- Rising Eighth Grade Math
Note: eighth graders will be informed of their Spanish placement in early-mid July.
2019 School Supply Lists by Grade (will be posted by the end of June)
- NOTE: Please bring school supplies to ORIENTATION. Thanks!
As reference, the following items are from the past 2018-2019 School Year.
Student and Family Handbook for 2018/2019
The St. Michael’s Handbook offers comprehensive information about School policies and procedures. Click below for a digital copy of the handbook.
Letter from Head of School: Campus Health and Safety
St. Michael’s School-Family Partnership
Proud to be a DRAGON! (2018 First Day of School sign)
Back to School Communications
- Aug 9 – Back to School Planning and Orientation Schedule
- Aug 17 – REGISTRATION OPEN for Fall Sports, Co-Curriculars and Extended Day
- Aug 23 – REGISTRATION OPEN for Hot Lunch (for Sept-Nov)
- Aug 24 – Everything You Need To Know For The First Week Of School
Families will receive carpool maps and assigned carpool loops at Back to School Orientation. A carpool map is below.
The new campus changes necessitate new carpool routines, and a lot of thought has gone into our carpool procedures. We ask for your patience, support, and understanding as folks learn new patterns and routines. Thank you!
Not sure where to go or unable to attend Orientation? Please park in the EAST LOT by the gym and come to the appropriate front office to receive your carpool location assignment and placard.
2018-2019 Academic Calendar (revised as of August 8, 2018)
Back to School Forms (must be turned in the first week of school)
2018-2019 Data Form for all families grades K-8
SMPA Volunteer Form
Physical Education Health Form for K-8
Volunteer Personal Automobile Use Form for K-8
Field Trip Permission Form/Carpool/Milk Order for K-8
Photo Usage Approval/Authorization to Reproduce Likeness for K-8
2018-2019 Athletic Participation Form for Grades 3-8
Acceptable Use Policy for LOWER SCHOOL Computers, K-5
Acceptable Use Policy for MIDDLE SCHOOL Computers, 6-8
2018 Annual Auction Donation Form
Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Emergency Care Plan
Medication Consent Form
- Families: please note the new Food Allergy/Anaphylaxis and Medication Consent forms this year that require physician signature for any prescription medications and emergency care plans.
Middle School Service Hours Google Form (for recording summer/school year community service)
Head of School Letter: The Spiritual Life of the School
Middle School 2018 Fall Sports: Pre-Season Workouts
Middle Schoolers are invited to optional pre-season August fall sports workouts as follows.
Pre-season workouts are a great way to try the sport before registration and to meet new and returning students!
- Cross Country: Monday and Wednesday, August 20 and 22, 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- Field Hockey: Monday and Wednesday, August 20 and 22, 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- Soccer: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, August 20, 21, 23, 4:30-6 p.m.
Be sure to check out our Spiritwear site for exciting St. Michael’s apparel, hats, string bags and more!
2018-2019 Dress Code
2018 School Supply Lists by Grade (NOTE: Please bring school supplies to ORIENTATION. Thanks!)
Kindergarten Supply List
First Grade Supply List
Second Grade Supply List
Third Grade Supply List
Fourth Grade Supply List
Fifth Grade Supply List
Sixth Grade Supply List
Seventh Grade Supply List
Eighth Grade Supply List
St. Michael’s Code Red Drill Teacher Script
- Code Red Drill Teacher Script________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Flat Dragon 2015
Our St M Dragon joined our families on their 2015 summer adventures — whether that be on vacation, camping in the yard, swimming at the pool, or curling up with a good book.