Summer/Back To School
Back to School Forms
- Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Emergency Care Plan
- Medication Consent Form
- Listing of Required Permissions Needed to Administer Medications
- Concussion Form
- Virginia School Entrance Health Form
Detailed 2019-2020 Academic Calendar
2019 Back to School Nights (for Parents)
Below please find the schedule for grade level Back to School nights.
- Wednesday, September 11: Kindergarten 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 12: 4th Grade 6:30 p.m.
- Monday, September 16: 3rd Grade 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 17: 5th Grade 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 18: 1st Grade 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 19: 2nd Grade 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 26: Middle School (Grades 6-8)
Note additional information on Middle School timing below:
— *8th Grade High School Planning Meeting, 6:30-7 p.m. (Allen Library)
— Grades 6-8 Parent Meeting/Classrooms Visits, 7-9 p.m.
- Monday, Sept 16 – Lower School Picture Day
- Tuesday, Sept 17 – Middle School Picture Day
2019/20 St M Athletic Participation Form (for summer physicals, required if playing sports in grades 3-8)
Back to School Communications 2019
- Important Info for the First Week of School – Aug 23
- Register HERE for Fall Sports, Co-Curriculars, and Extended Day – Aug 16
- Back to School Planning and Orientation Schedule Email to Families -REVISED Aug 13
2019-2020 Dress Code
Proud to be a DRAGON! (2019 First Day of School sign)
- Be sure to check out our Spiritwear site for exciting St. Michael’s apparel, hats, string bags and more!
- We are also planning a Spiritwear Pop Up Shop at both Lower School and Middle School orientations. Stay tuned for details!
2019 Carpool Map
Families will receive assigned carpool loops at Back to School Orientation. A carpool map is below.
- 2019 Carpool Map
- Not sure where to go or unable to attend Orientation? Please park in the EAST LOT by the gym and come to the appropriate front office (Lower School Hubbard Hall or Middle School Singleton Hall) to receive your carpool location assignment and placard.
St. Michael’s Visitor Campus Map
- We are pleased to announce that we have opened additional visitor parking between Hubbard Hall and Singleton Hall during non-carpool hours.
- Printable Campus Map
2019/20 Virginia School Entrance Health Form (for summer physicals)
2019 School Supply Lists by Grade
- NOTE: Please bring school supplies to ORIENTATION. Thanks!
Kindergarten Supply List
First Grade Supply List
Second Grade Supply List
Third Grade Supply List
Fourth Grade Supply List
Fifth Grade Supply List
Sixth Grade Supply List
Seventh Grade Supply List
Eighth Grade Supply List
2019 Summer Assignments by Grade
LOWER SCHOOL 2019:
- Rising Kindergarten – no summer homework
- Rising 1st Grade Reading Menu and Summer Reading List and Summer Letter
- Rising 2nd Grade Reading Menu, and Summer Reading List, and Summer Writing and Math Suggestions
- Rising 3rd Grade Summer Letter, and Summer Math, and Bingo Reading, and Suggested Reading List
- Rising 4th Grade Summer Reading Bingo, and Summer Math, and 4th Grade Suggested Reading List
- Rising 5th Grade Summer Instructions, and Summer Reading List, and Summer Math, and
Summer Reading Activities
MIDDLE SCHOOL 2019:
Rising Sixth Grade
Rising Seventh Grade
- Rising Seventh Grade Reading and Writing Assignment
- Reading Bingo
- Rising Seventh Grade Spanish
- Rising Seventh Math
Rising Eighth Grade
Middle School Sports August 2019 Pre-Season Workouts
Middler Schoolers are invited to OPTIONAL pre-season August 2019 workouts as follows.
Pre-season workouts are a great way to try the sport before registration and to meet new and returning students! All sports should meet at the Singleton Campus GYM.
Please contact Athletic Director Wally Kern with any questions at [email protected]
Field Hockey (Girls) AND Cross Country (Co-Ed) Optional Workouts
- Monday, 8/19: 8-9 a.m. AND Wednesday, 8/21: 8-9 a.m.
Soccer (Co-Ed) Optional Workout
- Thursday, 8/22: 9-10:30 a.m.
If your family is part of an organized carpool, please submit your carpool information to the School via the link below NO LATER THAN NOON ON AUGUST 19 so participating families are assigned to the same carpool loop. Families will receive assigned carpool loops at Orientation. Thanks!
August Orientation Dates
LOWER SCHOOL “Meet Your Teacher Day”/Extended Day Open House (Thursday, August 22)
- Lower School “Meet Your Teacher Day” and Kindergarten Orientation Schedule
- Note: There is also a Kindergarten Parent Orientation and Social on Wednesday, August 21, at 6:30 p.m. in Hubbard Hall. (Note: this is a TIME CORRECTION)
MIDDLE SCHOOL Orientation and Locker Set-Up for Students AND Parents( Monday, August 26)
As a reference, the following items are from the PAST 2018-2019 School Year. Updated versions for 2019-20 will be posted over the summer.
Student and Family Handbook for 2018/2019
The St. Michael’s Handbook offers comprehensive information about School policies and procedures. Click below for a digital copy of the handbook.
Letter from Head of School: Campus Health and Safety
St. Michael’s School-Family Partnership
Middle School Service Hours Google Form (for recording summer/school year community service)
Head of School Letter: The Spiritual Life of the School
Flat Dragon 2015
Our St M Dragon joined our families on their 2015 summer adventures — whether that be on vacation, camping in the yard, swimming at the pool, or curling up with a good book.