Summer/Back To School
2019/20 Virginia School Entrance Health Form (for summer physicals)
2019/20 St M Athletic Participation Form (for summer physicals, required if playing sports in grades 3-8)
Detailed 2019-2020 Academic Calendar (as of June 7, 2019)
For planning purposes, below please find key dates for the start of the upcoming 2019-2020 school year. (Click Academic Calendar above for exact times.)
- August 21: Kindergarten Parent Meeting & Social 6 pm (Parents only)
- August 22: Lower School “Meet your Teacher” and Extended Day Open House (times to be announced)
- August 26: Lower School First Day of School with Early Dismissal
- August 26: Middle School Orientation (times/details to be announced)
- August 27: First Full Day of School for all students
2019 Summer Assignments by Grade
LOWER SCHOOL 2019:
- Rising Kindergarten – no summer homework
- Rising 1st Grade Reading Menu and Summer Reading List and Summer Letter
- Rising 2nd Grade Reading Menu, and Summer Reading List, and Summer Writing and Math Suggestions
- Rising 3rd Grade Summer Letter, and Summer Math, and Bingo Reading, and Suggested Reading List
- Rising 4th Grade Summer Reading Bingo, and Summer Math, and 4th Grade Suggested Reading List
- Rising 5th Grade Summer Instructions, and Summer Reading List, and Summer Math, and
Summer Reading Activities
MIDDLE SCHOOL 2019:
Rising Sixth Grade
Rising Seventh Grade
- Rising Seventh Grade Reading and Writing Assignment
- Reading Bingo
- Rising Seventh Grade Spanish
- Rising Seventh Math
Rising Eighth Grade
2019 School Supply Lists by Grade
- NOTE: Please bring school supplies to ORIENTATION. Thanks!
Kindergarten Supply List
First Grade Supply List
Second Grade Supply List
Third Grade Supply List
Fourth Grade Supply List
Fifth Grade Supply List
Sixth Grade Supply List
Seventh Grade Supply List
Eighth Grade Supply List
2019-2020 Dress Code
As a reference, the following items are from the PAST 2018-2019 School Year. Updated versions for 2019-20 will be posted over the summer.
Student and Family Handbook for 2018/2019
The St. Michael’s Handbook offers comprehensive information about School policies and procedures. Click below for a digital copy of the handbook.
Letter from Head of School: Campus Health and Safety
St. Michael’s School-Family Partnership
Proud to be a DRAGON! (2018 First Day of School sign)
2018 Back to School Communications
- Aug 9 – Back to School Planning and Orientation Schedule
- Aug 17 – REGISTRATION OPEN for Fall Sports, Co-Curriculars and Extended Day
- Aug 23 – REGISTRATION OPEN for Hot Lunch (for Sept-Nov)
- Aug 24 – Everything You Need To Know For The First Week Of School
2018 Carpool Map
Families will receive carpool maps and assigned carpool loops at Back to School Orientation. A carpool map is below.
The new campus changes necessitate new carpool routines, and a lot of thought has gone into our carpool procedures. We ask for your patience, support, and understanding as folks learn new patterns and routines. Thank you!
Not sure where to go or unable to attend Orientation? Please park in the EAST LOT by the gym and come to the appropriate front office to receive your carpool location assignment and placard.
Middle School Service Hours Google Form (for recording summer/school year community service)
Head of School Letter: The Spiritual Life of the School
Be sure to check out our Spiritwear site for exciting St. Michael’s apparel, hats, string bags and more!
2018-2019 Dress Code
Flat Dragon 2015
Our St M Dragon joined our families on their 2015 summer adventures — whether that be on vacation, camping in the yard, swimming at the pool, or curling up with a good book.