2021-22 Back to School Blueprint
St. Michael’s intention is to start the school year in accordance with the 2021-22 Academic Calendar, with a goal of resuming normal operations for in-person teaching and learning with amended COVID protocols. Below please find a summary of the May 10 parent call to review our plans. We will continue to evaluate all summer and will make any updates as needed and recommended.
Key Dates for the Upcoming 2021-22 School Year
For planning purposes, below is the calendar for the upcoming 2022-22 school year, UPDATED as of April 16, 2021. Click button below for a printable copy.
Printable 2021-2022 Academic Calendar- UPDATED April 16
‘21-’22 Major Dates are as follows:
- August 26: Lower School “Meet your Teacher” and Extended Day Open House
- August 30: Lower School First Day (Noon Dismissal)
- August 30: Middle School Orientation
- August 31: First Full Day, All Students
- November 24-26: Thanksgiving Break
- December 20-January 2: Holiday Break
- March 7-11, 2022: Spring Break
- April 15-18, 2022: Easter Holiday
- May 7, 2022: Magic Dragon Day
- June 9, 2022: Graduation
Summer Camp 2021 Registration Launches March 1
St. Michael’s is hard at work planning exciting summer camp offerings for Summer 2021.
- We plan to offer both in-person and virtual camps from June 21-August 6.
- Camp registration will open on MARCH 1, 2021. Stay tuned for details!
We welcome ALL children!
- You DO NOT need to be enrolled at St. Michael’s to enjoy Summer Camp at St. Michael’s.
- Please INVITE YOUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS to participate!
- Please contact Ashley Buffey, Director of Extended Programs/Summer Camps, at [email protected] or 804-272-3514, x 404.
Dr. Hilton, Consulting Psychologist
Welcome, Dr. Hilton!
Following are details on how to connect with Dr. Hilton.
Please join us in extending a warm welcome to Dr. Kim Hilton as she joins our staff team as our consulting psychologist/ school counselor.
● When? On-campus hours: Mondays, 1p.m.- 4 p.m. and Thursdays, 8:30a.m.-11:30 a.m.
● Where? Office in the Hubbard Hall front office area
● How to communicate? Email [email protected]
COVID-19 Reporting Form
Please inform the School IMMEDIATELY via the COVID-19 Reporting Form link below if someone in your family has been exposed or is being tested for COVID-19. The confidentiality of the diagnosed student or teacher will be maintained.
Pandemic Dress Code
While St. Michael’s has an important tradition of a Dress Code, these are extraordinary times. As we will be taking greater advantage of St. Michael’s 70-acre campus and outdoor spaces for physical-distance learning and movement, and as locker rooms must be closed, we are allowing athletic wear for school dress until further notice. NOTE: St. Michael’s will revert back to our traditional Dress Code once pandemic restrictions are lifted.
Pandemic Relaxed Dress Code Guidelines:
- No spaghetti straps, tank tops, torn clothing, cut-outs/frays, big logos large than 2 inches, sleepwear, inappropriate language/symbols, necklines lower than the armpit, or short shorts.
- Shorts/skorts/skirts must be fingertip length. Leggings must be worn with a tunic top. Pants and shorts should be worn at the waist.
- Hats and sunglasses may only be worn outside. Undergarments should be concealed. Extreme hairstyles, facial hair, facial piercings, and hair colors not occurring in nature not permitted.
- Closed-toed shoes that will stand up to outdoor learning/activities are also required. Everything should be school appropriate.
- School administrators are the final arbiters for what is (not) considered appropriate dress.
COVID-19 School Operations Updates
Given the quickly changing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, check link below for St. Michael’s latest news, updates, and resources.
Covid-19 and School Re-Opening Resources
All 2020-21 Communications During Covid-19
- All parent communications and School announcements information REGARDING SCHOOL RE-OPENING PLANS (during the COVID-19 pandemic) may be found under “NEWS” under “COVID 19 Information.”
- Sunday newsletter communications may be found under “Community” under “This Week at St M.”
- Remote Learning information may be found under “Programs.”
Key Dates for the Current 2020-21 School Year
For planning purposes, below please find key dates for the 2020-2021 school year -UPDATED October 28.
Student and Family Handbook for 2019-2020
NOTE: The 2020-21 Handbook will be ready in early September.
The St. Michael’s Handbook offers comprehensive information about School policies and procedures.
For reference, here is the handbook from the previous school year.
Have you read the latest issue of This Week at St. Michael’s? Stay informed or catch up on previous issues at your convenience.
Read the Newsletter
St. Michael's Episcopal Church
St. Michael’s Episcopal Church invites the School community to attend scheduled church events. Please visit the Church website for details.
St. Michael’s is currently accepting applications. Please contact Betty Isaacs, 272-3514, to schedule a virtual visit.
Apply Today! Inquire/Request Information