Summer CampsRegister HERE for 2020 Summer Camps
June In-Person Camps Canceled
Based on mandates by Governor Northam and the CDC with regards to COVID-19, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all in-person camps for the month of June. This encompasses the first 3 weeks of the season: June 15, June 22, and June 29. This was not an easy decision, and we are aware of the impact it will have on you and your family. As such, we are excited to roll out some super engaging, community building Camp-in-a-Box options — all with minimal screen time! Read on for more information.
- Transfers into July on-campus options or June/July online options are available now. Contact us ASAP to transfer your registration and secure your spot!
- Note: We will be unable to hold an in-person or virtual camp if there are not enough students registered. Therefore, it is recommended that you reserve your spot now as opposed to waiting out the July camp decision.
- Peace of Mind Clause: To encourage enrollment, we are not requiring deposits at this time. Reserve your spot at no cost; pay the balance June 8!
- We will continue to monitor the guidance from health officials in the upcoming weeks, and will communicate our decision with you regarding in-person July camps by June 5.
- Refunds for those whose camps have been cancelled by St M will begin processing July 1. If you need an expedited refund due to financial hardship, please reach out.
Virtual, hands-on learning opportunities have been rolled out to accommodate rising JK-rising 6th grade campers for the Summer season!
What is Camp-in-a-Box?
Camp in a Box includes 5 days (10 hands on activities + 5 hour long virtual experiences) of traditional summer camp fun. All materials are provided in the box to complete each activity. Students should be occupied up to 3 hours per day. Each Camp-in-a-Box is unique to the week!
What makes this product unique to St M?
Good question! In addition to the wide variety of daily hands on activities in the box, we’ve also included several LIVE virtual experiences curated just for us! Students will engage in community with one another via Zoom while being led by energetic camp counselors through a variety of fun & games! Live meetups will occur from 9-10 a.m. daily.
What ages is Camp-in-a-Box best for?
The boxes are created for students aged 4-11 years. Lower elementary ages will need parental assistance to complete. Upper elementary ages will need at least parental supervision to complete.
What types of activities are included?
Activities are inspired by traditional summer camp fun, arts & crafts, STEM challenges, and creative play. The box is neither thematic nor gender specific. There is something for everyone in Camp-in-a-Box! Sample activities may include: Weaving, Scavenger Hunting, Mosaic Art Creating, Birdhouse Building, Taste Testing, Obstacle Course Designing, and more!
What is the cost?
We have two exciting options!
- Option 1: Camp-in-a-Box costs $125 per student. This again includes ALL supplies for a minimum of 10 hands-on, unplugged activities, PLUS a series of daily LIVE virtual experiences curated just for St M campers.
- Option 2: We’ve also partnered with ArtHaus Richmond to deliver Art-in-a-Box! That product is anchored by plenty of one-on-one virtual art instruction and the cost is $195.
Can I do the activities in any order?
The daily virtual experiences are scheduled and LIVE, therefore to partake in these, you are tied to the time they are offered (9-10 a.m.) The box will indicate what is suggested you complete each day to spread out the fun, though you are welcome to complete the activities in any order.
Can I buy one box for all my children to share?
Each box supplies all the materials needed to create 10 activities for ONE student. If you have more than one student, it is recommended you purchase one box per student.
How do I retrieve the box?
Upon purchase, you can elect to pick up or receive by drop off (we will deliver for free). If picking up, the box will be ready the Friday before camp at St. Michael’s (hours TBD).
Is this only available to St. Michael’s students or can I share with friends and family?
Please share! Our camps are open to the entire Richmond community.
2020 Summer Spectacular at St. Michael’s!
Explore your creative side. Experiment with science. Embrace the outdoors. Learn coding and engineering. Get active with sports. Be an adventurous chef. Welcome to Summer Camp, St. Michael’s-style!
- For Summer 2020, St M will offer 7 camp sessions (either virtual or in-person) from JUNE 15-JULY 31 for children AGES 4 through rising NINTH GRADE.
- Half-day and full-day options available.
- Half-day pricing from $175-$230 per camp. Full-day options also available.
Morning Camp Programming: 9 a.m.- Noon
- Classes in art, STEM/engineering, coding/technology, fishing, baking, sports, Spanish, and more!
- From camps inspired by Wizards, Dragons and Fairies and your favorite 20-inch dolls, to hands-on fun with SLIME, baking, fishing, fiber arts, and more! We even have camps to learn Spanish and the business of babysitting!
Afternoon Adventures (for Rising Grades K-5): Noon-5 p.m.
- Nature hikes, seasonal arts and crafts, indoor/outdoor free play, organized summer games and activities, and more!
- Plus weekly field trips and Friday swimming at the Bon Air Community Association (transportation provided)
- Campers should bring a NUT-FREE sack lunch and a water bottle, plus a booster seat if needed for our younger campers.
Need An Earlier Morning Drop-Off?
- Early drop-off care available starting at 8:30 a.m. at an additional cost of $25/week.
Location: St. Michael’s Singleton Campus, 10510 Hobby Hill Road, Richmond
- Half-day pricing from $175-$250 per camp. Full-day options also available.
We welcome ALL children!
- You DO NOT need to be enrolled at St. Michael’s to attend Summer Camp at St. Michael’s.
- Please INVITE YOUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS to participate!
- Please contact Ashley Buffey, Director of Extended Programs/Summer Camps, at [email protected] or 804-272-3514, x 404.