COVID-19/School Operations Updates
COVID-19 AND School Operations Messages to St M Families
- May 29, 2020 – Postponing Belongings Pickup
- May 22, 2020 – Virtual Parent Meeting Re: Fall Re-Opening Scenarios
- May 14, 2020 – End of School Dates and Information
- May 2, 2020 – Virtual Magic Dragon Day 2020
- May 1, 2020 – Graduation Update
- April 24, 2020 – Class of 2020 Graduation Plan
- April 24, 2020 – Virtual Magic Dragon Day and Spirit Week Plan
- April 20, 2020 – Earth Day Off Day Details & Optional Activities
- April 20, 2020 – Earth Day Off Day Video from Mr. Gregg
- April 14, 2020 – Contract Reminders
- April 7, 2020 – Extended Programs and Virtual Student Meet-Ups
- April 5, 2020 – Remote Learning Parent Survey -via Newsletter
- April 1, 2020 – 8th Grade Update
- March 23, 2020 (UPDATE 6)– Important Update as Governor Extends School Closures
- March 23, 2020 (UPDATE 5)– Happy FIRST Day of School, Remote-Style
- March 20, 2020 (UPDATE 4)– Info to Families Regarding St M Guide to Remote Learning
- March 16, 2020 (UPDATE 3)– Remote Learning Begins March 23
- March 12, 2020 (UPDATE 2)– Spring Break Extension, Classes Canceled Mar 16-20
- March 3, 2020 (UPDATE 1)– Coronavirus Planning
FAQs Regarding Academic Continuation, School Life, and School Operations:FAQ Responses To Date
We are closely monitoring the spread of the virus. The safety of our St. Michael’s community is our top priority and we are grateful for our partnership with you as we work to keep our community healthy. We are completely confident in our wonderful community’s ability to adapt and thrive during these challenging times. As we work and learn remotely away from one another, let us be intentional about patience, kindness, grace, and love as these epitomize our DRAGONS’ values — the foundation of our St. Michael’s community.
It is also important that parents and caretakers understand the effect their own behavior can have on children. As calm begets calm, modeling calmness and optimism, as well as maintaining normal routines as best as families can in these unusual times, will help children feel more at ease. Thank you for supporting us and each other—the St. Michael’s community remains as resilient and caring as ever. For that, we couldn’t be more grateful!
Our campus is closed but our School is OPEN as we are working and learning remotely.
On March 23, Governor Ralph Northam ordered all private and public schools in Virginia to close in-school learning through the end of the academic year. While the campus may be closed, the good news is that our community remains connected and LEARNING CONTINUES! St. Michael’s is committed to delivering upon our mission of superior academic instruction and providing our students with an engaging remote learning program. We believe that our students deserve nothing less.
How to Report a COVID-19 Illness
According to the Virginia Department of Health, if you develop a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, please call 877-ASK-VDH3 immediately to speak with a public health official.
We also ask that you call and leave a message at the School at 272-3514 to report if your child or a family member is ill. You may also email Merrill Geier, Lower School or Jessica Stargell, Middle School Director.