Summer/Back To School
2018 Summer Assignments, plus 2018 Health/Athletic Participation Forms (for summer physicals), and Supply Lists by grade ARE NOW POSTED below.
We will be posting Back to School forms/information in early August. Thanks!
2018/19 Virginia School Entrance Health Form (for summer physicals)
2018/19 St M Athletic Participation Form (for physicals, required if playing sports in grades 3-8)
2018 Summer Assignments
If you have any questions about summer assignments, please contact Dr. Katie Best, Director of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment.
LOWER SCHOOL 2018:
- Rising Kindergarten – no summer homework
- Rising 1st Grade Reading Menu and Summer Reading List and Summer Letter
- Rising 2nd Grade Reading Menu and Summer Reading List and Summer Math Suggestions
- Rising 3rd Grade Summer Letter and Summer Math and Bingo Reading and Suggested Reading List
- Rising 4th Grade Summer Instructions Letter and Summer Reading Bingo and Summer Math and 4th Grade Suggested Reading List
- Rising 5th Grade Summer Instructions and Summer Reading List and Summer Reading Bingo and Summer Math
MIDDLE SCHOOL 2018:
Rising Sixth Grade
- Rising Sixth Grade Reading
- Rising Sixth Grade Spanish
- Rising Sixth Grade Math
- Rising Sixth Grade Pre-Algebra
NOTE: sixth graders will be informed of their math placement in early July and should only do the summer math that corresponds to their math placement.
Rising Seventh Grade
- Rising Seventh Grade Reading and Writing Assignment and Reading Bingo
- Rising Seventh Grade Spanish
- Rising Seventh Grade Pre-Algebra
- Rising Seventh Grade Algebra
Rising Eighth Grade
Rising Eighth Grade Summer Writing and Great American Read Book Suggestions
Rising Eighth Grade Spanish
Rising Eighth Grade Algebra
Rising Eighth Grade Geometry
Note: eighth graders will be informed of their Spanish placement in early July.
2018 School Supply Lists by Grade
Kindergarten Supply List
First Grade Supply List
Second Grade Supply List
Third Grade Supply List
Fourth Grade Supply List
Fifth Grade Supply List
Sixth Grade Supply List
Seventh Grade Supply List
Eighth Grade Supply List
NOTE: For reference, the info below is from the past 2017 school year. 2018-2019 info will be posted later this summer.
Student and Family Handbook for 2017
The St. Michael’s Handbook offers comprehensive information about School policies and procedures. Click below for a digital copy of the handbook.
Proud to be a DRAGON! (2017 First Day of School sign)
Note: Emergency cards, name cards for carpool and picture forms will be waiting for families at orientation. If you do not plan to attend orientation, please plan to come into School at the start of the first day to fill out the necessary paperwork in the School library.
2017- August (Back to School Communications) — samples from last year
- Aug 25 – Everything You Need to Know for the First Week of School
- Aug 24 – A Construction Update for Middle School Families
- Aug 23 – Order September Hot Lunch
- Aug 18 – Fall Co-Curriculars and Sports Registration Email
- Aug 4 – Back to School Planning/Orientation Info Email
Fall Co-Curricular and Sports Registration
2017-2018 Lower & Middle School Co-Curricular/Sports Activities Summary
2017 Middle School Pre-Season Fall Sports Clinics
2017 Middle School Service Hours Form (for recording summer community service)
2017 Back to School Forms (for Lower School AND Middle School Students)
2017-2018 Athletic Participation Form for Grades 3-8
Physical Education Health Form
Volunteer Personal Automobile Use Form
Field Trip Permission Form/Carpool/Milk Order
Photo Usage Approval/Authorization to Reproduce Likeness
2017-2018 Data Form for all families grades K-8
Acceptable Use Policy for School Computers
SMPA Volunteer Form
Medical Forms 2017
- Permission to Give Medication
- Long Term Medication Authorization
- Virginia School Entrance Health Form
- Concussion Form
Dress Code 2017-2018
Be sure to check out our Spiritwear site for exciting St. Michael’s apparel, hats, string bags and more!
Flat Dragon 2015
Our St M Dragon joined our families on their 2015 summer adventures — whether that be on vacation, camping in the yard, swimming at the pool, or curling up with a good book.