Extending the Day
St. Michael’s strives to meet the needs of children and families beyond the traditional school day. A number of scheduling options provide for care before and after-school and during school holidays. St. Michael’s offers both Lower School and Middle School extended day programs.
Note: Now is the time to sign up for LOWER SCHOOL extended day care for the UPCOMING 2017-2018 school year. Click below for information, options and pricing.
St M Summer Spectacular Camps
Welcome to summer camp, St. Michael’s-style!
For children ages 4 through rising eighth grade.
Half day (9 a.m.-noon) and full day (9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.) options available.
Explore your creative side. Learn an instrument. Embrace the outdoors. Experiment with science. Get active with sports.
*Online Summer Camp Registration opens AT NOON on MONDAY, MARCH 13.
Before and After-School Care
The Lower School Extended Day Program is offered to kindergarten through fifth grade students from St. Michael’s and the Riverside School. Care is offered from 7:20-8 a.m. and 3-6 p.m. every day that school is in session. On early dismissal days, we are open from dismissal time until 6 p.m.
Program highlights include supervised study halls reinforcing good study, organizational, and time-management skills, as well as facilities providing opportunities for students to play outdoors and indoors (during inclement weather). Our mission is to provide each child with a positive, safe and enriching after-school experience. The program is run out of the Hubbard Educational Wing.
School Holiday Program:
- Full-day care will also be offered on School clerical days and holidays (Columbus Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, President’s Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday).
- On Lower School early dismissal days, we are open from dismissal time until 6 p.m. (Note: We will NOT be offering care when the School is closed due to inclement weather.)
School Vacation/Summer Programming: Our goal is to offer additional programming during School Vacations (Thanksgiving, Christmas Break, Spring Break and Summer 2017) at an additional cost.
Pricing: Interested Lower School families will be billed monthly per registered child as follows:
- Before-School Care for $399./semester ($4.50 per day)
- Core Extended Day 5-days per week for $2,835. annually (9 monthly payments of $315). Care for School clerical days and holidays is included in these fees.
- Core Extended Day 3-days per week for $2,025. annually (9 monthly payments of $225). Care for School clerical days and holidays would be an add-on cost.
Need care only occasionally? You may purchase “Drop-In” Extended Day packages:
- Morning Drop-In block of 10 days: $55. ($5.50 per day) 24-hour notice required to drop in
- Afternoon Drop-In block of 10 days: $230. ($23 per day) 24-hour notice required to drop in.
Need Spring Break Childcare?
Join us for an exciting week of ISLAND-inspired camp! Campers will create their own tribal tiki huts, beach racers, cruise ships, island rides and games. They will even erupt their own restless Hawaiian volcano! Contact Allyson Steele, Director of Extended Programs, with questions.
- When: March 6-10
- Time: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Where: St. Michael’s Episcopal School (Extended Programs Wing)
- Fee: $75 per day or $350 for the entire week (sign up for one day or all 5!)
- Registration Deadline: Wednesday, March 1, 2017
Please do not hesitate to contact Allyson Steele, our Director of Extended Programs at at 804-272-3514, ext.277 or email@example.com with any questions you may have or to register.
St. Michael’s is excited to offer families of Middle School students after-school care on an as-needed basis. Understanding our families have busy schedules, the School’s goal with Extended Programs at the Middle School is to provide a safe and enjoyable space for students to be after school to study, grab a snack, wait for practice to begin or just relax after a full day.
Supervised by St. Michael’s Extended Programs staff, this service is available Monday through Thursday (four days per week) from 3:15-4:30 p.m. in the Middle School Allen Library. The cost is $5.00 per half hour, billed to School accounts.
* Note: Students waiting for a St. Michael’s event (e.g., an athletic practice or game) pay only a flat fee of $3.00 for the entire time until 4:30 p.m. Click here for details and pricing!
While there is no need to register in advance, we do ask kindness of either: a) a phone call to the Middle School office, 272-3514, or b) an email to Mrs. Godwin (firstname.lastname@example.org) AND Mrs. Steele (email@example.com) to let us know your child will be taking advantage of Middle School Extended Programs on a given day.
Enrichment and Co-Curricular Activities
St. Michael’s believes that important learning also happens outside the classroom with purposeful exposure to a broad variety of activities and experiences. That is why we offer inclusive co-curricular, robotics and sports opportunities for our students at both campuses.
These activities not only serve the needs and interests of our students, but also help our families extend the day with enriching after-school activity options. From math and book clubs to fishing, Championship Chess, mountain biking, FIRST LEGO league robotics, drama productions, band, baseball clinics and an array of interscholastic and intramural sports, St. Michael’s offers a variety of fun and educational after-school experiences.
Click below for a full listing of enrichment, sports and co-curricular activities at St. Michael’s.
Music Lessons at St M!
St M Extended Programs is pleased to announce music lessons in: Guitar, Piano and Ukelele.
Music lessons will be held in the Extended Programs rooms at the Lower School. Click below for more information and to register.
Interested families will schedule lessons directly with each music instructor.