Extending the Day
St. Michael’s strives to meet the needs of children and families beyond the traditional school day. A number of scheduling options provide for care before and after-school and during school holidays. St. Michael’s offers both Lower School and Middle School extended day programs.
Now is the time to sign up for LOWER SCHOOL Extended Day care for the UPCOMING 2018-2019 school year.
Click below for information, options and pricing.
2017-2018 Before and After-School Care
The Lower School Extended Day Program is offered to kindergarten through fifth grade students from St. Michael’s. Care is offered from 7:20-8 a.m. and 3-6 p.m. every day that school is in session. On early dismissal days, we are open from dismissal time until 6 p.m. Afternoon Extended Day is also open to students at the Riverside School.
Program highlights include supervised study halls reinforcing good study, organizational, and time-management skills, as well as facilities providing opportunities for students to play outdoors and indoors (during inclement weather). Our mission is to provide each child with a positive, safe and enriching after-school experience. The program is run out of the Hubbard Educational Wing.
School Holiday Program:
- Full-day care will also be offered on School clerical days and holidays (Columbus Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, President’s Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday).
- On Lower School early dismissal days, we are open from dismissal time until 6 p.m. (Note: We will NOT be offering care when the School is closed due to inclement weather.)
School Vacation/Summer Programming: We offer additional programming during School Vacations (Christmas Break, Spring Break and Summer 2018) with advanced registration at an additional cost.
Pricing: See enrollment contract ABOVE for 2017-2018 pricing. We offer 2-day, 3-day and 5-day care options.
Click below for Extended Day policies.
Need care only occasionally?
- Families in need of a single day of Lower School early morning childcare from time to time may take advantage of a daily rate of $6, with 24-hours notice.
- Families in need of a single day of Lower School after-school childcare from time to time may take advantage of a daily rate of of $15 from 3-4:30 p.m. or $30 from 3-6 p.m., with 24-hours notice.
St. Michael’s is excited to offer families of Middle School students after-school care on an as-needed basis. Understanding our families have busy schedules, the School’s goal with Extended Programs at the Middle School is to provide a safe and enjoyable space for students to be after school to study, grab a snack, wait for practice to begin or just relax after a full day.
Supervised by St. Michael’s Extended Programs staff, this service is available Monday through Thursday (four days per week) from 3:15-4:30 p.m. in the Middle School Allen Library. The cost is $5.00 per half hour, billed to School accounts.
* Note: Students waiting for a St. Michael’s event (e.g., an athletic practice or game) pay only a flat fee of $5.00 for the entire time until 4:30 p.m.
While there is no need to register in advance, we do ask kindness of either: a) a phone call to the Middle School office, 272-3514, or b) an email to Mrs. Godwin (email@example.com) AND Mrs. Steele (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let us know your child will be taking advantage of Middle School Extended Programs on a given day.
Enrichment and Co-Curricular Activities
St. Michael’s believes that important learning also happens outside the classroom with purposeful exposure to a broad variety of activities and experiences. That is why we offer inclusive co-curricular, robotics and sports opportunities for our students at both campuses.
These activities not only serve the needs and interests of our students, but also help our families extend the day with enriching after-school activity options. From fishing, martial arts and chess, to mountain biking, FIRST LEGO league robotics, drama productions, baseball clinics and an array of interscholastic and intramural sports, St. Michael’s offers a variety of fun and educational after-school experiences.
Click below for a full listing of enrichment, sports and co-curricular activities at St. Michael’s.
St M Summer Spectacular Camps
What a SPECTACULAR SUMMER of 2017 camps at St M.
Eight weeks, 296 campers, SO MANY SMILES!
Join us again next summer!
Welcome to summer camp, St. Michael’s-style!
Explore your creative side. Learn an instrument. Embrace the outdoors. Experiment with science. Get active with sports.
For children ages 4 through rising eighth grade.
- Half day (9 a.m.-noon) and full day (9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.) options available.
- Classes in art, writing/STEM, science, outdoor adventures/fishing, cooking, video/digital arts, music, rocketry, sports and more.
Stay tuned for details about our 2018 summer camp programming! As reference, below please find our summer 2017 camp offerings.